Get your stitching done with the Best embroidery machines in town!! Ultimate Buying Guide to buy Embroidery machines
Every fabric or thread for that matter is only transformed in the best cloth with the help of a Best embroidery machine. Running to the nearby seamstress is not a great option when you can afford the best embroidery machines at great prices. And they not only help you in stitching the patches and everything else but they do more than that. So, read on to find some of the embroidery machines that will suit your budget as they are not only the best but also come under the category of the cheap embroidery machines.
Starting with the reviews of the TOP embroidery machines
How does an embroidery machine benefits a customer?
Manual embroidery has been a tradition in many countries for ages but with technology taking the lead, it has become evident that the embroidery machines have taken the center stage. They are benefiting the customers in a lot of ways and that has primarily been the reason for the boost in the sale of embroidery machines all over. The three main benefits that customer have from an embroidery machine are:
- The embroidery machines are cost effective and newer technology has made it easier to work on them.
- They save a lot of time. The threading that used to take ages can now be done with a blink with the new technology that the best embroidery machines
- You get not only one kind of design to work upon but myriads of them and you can possibly never run out of options for your embroidery designs.
Embroidery machines have specially benefitted those customers who have are professional seamstress and designing runs in their family business. Having the new innovations in the field of embroidery machines is certainly helping these designers because the LCD backlit display can help you edit and see your designs in a better manner and the computer connectivity is definitely taking it a notch higher. So, if these are not reasons enough for you to switch from your traditional manual embroidery to the latest model of the best embroidery machine in the market, then I don’t know what will? And you have already seen a detailed embroidery machine review above.
Your step by step guide to pick up the best embroidery machine from myriad options!!
Here are some tips and points that you will need to keep in mind before buying your first embroidery machine. After all, you don’t want to throw away your money for a piece of crappy machine, right?
- The best brand: this is your first point of reference. You will have to research all the famous brands that sell embroidery machines. Check out the forums that have have embroidery machine reviews and look for the one that provides complete customer satisfaction along with a good product. The customer service should be reachable and helpful.
- What is the use of your embroidery machine? This is the second question you need to answer. For what purpose, you need your embroidery machine? Is it for commercial production or home use? There are different machines for both of the purposes and this question is a must before setting out on your hunt for the best embroidery machine.
- The features: you will obviously not get all the features in the same embroidery machine. So, make up a list of all your requirements from your embroidery machine and then search for the one machine that matches most of the features. This will ensure that you are not dissatisfied with the machine that you buy in the end.
- The throat width matters: first of all, throat width is the space between your needle and the body of the machine. If you have a wider throats width, then working on your designs becomes easier as you will get more space to see the design. If you are not planning to work on larger patches of cloths, then you can manage with lesser throat width.
- The functionality: if your machine has all the units – sewing, stitching and of course, embroidery, then you don’t have to buy a separate one for all the uses.
- Hoop sizes: larger hoop sizes will again help you in stitching and working larger patches of cloth. However, if you need it for smaller patches of cloths, then go for the machines that have smaller hoop sizes.
- Pay attention to the additional accessories: just like your features that will help you decide in buying the right machine, you need to pay attention to the details to the accessories that you will be getting along with your embroidery machine. Read up the in the box accessory section properly and thoroughly.
- Do the machine have built-designs: this a new feature added to your machine, so decide carefully and ensure that you know which one you want.
- The warranty period: this one definitely matters and will help you spend minimum amount of money in the long run. Look for the warranty period that your embroidery machine has and compare it with other brands.
- The cost of the machine: this one comes without saying, you will need to decide on your budget, so weigh all the pros and cons of your final machine and ensure that it is worth the price you are going to pay otherwise you would regret buying the embroidery machine.
Some tips to help you use your new embroidery machine safely!
If you are beginner at using the embroidery machine, then it can seem a little daunting at first. But, you can relax and get started as you have already bought the best embroidery machine with the help of our guide for buying an embroidery machine, right? So, follow these tips to use your embroidery machine safely.
- Learn about the machine. This is important. If you don’t have prior knowledge about the machine and embroidery, then read up blogs and manuals to get the hang of it before jumping on bigger projects.
- You need to have a good deal of time to practice and learn about it. Embroidery or any craft for that matter cannot be mastered when you rush it. Also, making mistakes and hurting yourself from the machine is not a good idea. So, ensure that you are well aware about the embroidery machine.
- Start from smaller and simpler designs and slowly level up. Also, ensure that you take notes when you are researching about embroidery and you are sure about what you are doing.
- For a beginner, it is better to go for the simplest embroidery machine as you will be safe and not get confused by many controls and options that the embroidery machines have these days.
- Don’t clutter your sewing area or you will end up having a tough time figuring out where you kept things. Stay organized when you are doing your embroidery or you will mess up big time.
- Test your designs on simpler and smaller patches of fabric before you go for the bigger options. This will help you save your time and of course, the fabric.
- Understand your machine properly and invest in the kind that suits you. always ensure that the electrical outlets of your machine are safe and working properly to avoid any damage.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
Here are some of the frequently asked questions when it comes to embroidery machines.
Q.1. Can we download additional fonts than the one given by the company?
Yes, apart from the 5 lettering fonts that the embroidery machines have for you, you can easily install additional fonts as there is a computer connectivity available for these embroidery machines.
Q.2. How much should be the hoop size for monogramming needs ?
The hoop size can be minimal for most of the monogramming needs like a 5 X 5 inch hoop size is more than enough.
Q.3 Can we change the measurement on the machine from inches to metric system?
Yes, this can be changed very easily from the LCD display. You just need to follow the instructions on your display screen and you will have the right information for changing the measurement.
Q.4 Do the embroidery machines come with instructional DVDs?
Nowadays, many brands are catering to this need of their customer, so if you want an instructional DVD, then you need to check the in – box accessories before buying the machine.
Q.5 Can larger hoops be purchased additionally for working on the machine? Will it be compatible with the machine?
Yes, they will be compatible. But lager hoops would not provide you with larger space to work upon. It just means that you will have to wind the hoop lesser number of times.
- 6 Is there any other accessory needed with the machine for embroidery?
You will need a good stabilizer. Today, most of the embroidery machines come with that so ensure that your machine has one. If it doesn’t, then you don’t have to fret about it as you can easily buy a stanilizer from the market that is compatible with every machine.
Q.7 Does the sewing machines come with variable speeds ?
Yes, today almost every sewing machine comes with variable sewing speeds making working on the machine easier for you.
Q.8 Does the machine has a backstitching feature?
Every modern day machine has backstitching feature pre-installed on the machine.
Q.9 Are the machines compatible with every kind of software and operating system?
For this question, you will have to read the instruction manual as every machine has different compatibilities when it comes to the softwares and operating systems.
So, as you can see, buying an embroidery machine today is not an easy task. But, at the same time, purchasing the best embroidery machine becomes easier when you have a step by step guide to follow up and research well enough. Read up the various reviews and compare and contrast all the machines weighing the pros and cons of each machine properly before buying the final one. This will ensure you that you have the right machine for the right price. And, never forget that the embroidery machine reviews always help. If you are planning to invest your money in something like this, then do it properly and enjoy the benefits for a long time. Happy sewing!!